Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Royal Oak, MI


Now that's what I'm talkin' about! It always brings a smile to my face to see our name on a marquee, especially one that big.

I would like to note that Michigan is as cold as Frosty the Snowman's balls. When we arrived at the venue to unload, it was 9 degrees. By the end of the show, it was 4 degrees and when we got to the hotel it was ¹degree. There were warnings issued for it being record breaking temperatures overnight. I'm glad I could spend that magical moment with Michigan. I don't know how the Michiganese people do it, but kudos to them.

The Royal Oak Music Theater was the largest venue we have ever played. We were bummed to hear that pre-sales weren't great but there was a surge of people buying tickets at the door and the place was packed. I would estimate about 2000-2100 people......wow!

Royal Oak wasn't as opulent as the House of Blues but what it lacked in style it made up for in sheer size.

-Dunnigan TTV

Posted by ShoZu

2 comments:

  1. You guys think it was cold when you were here? This morning it was -6 Degrees. With wind chill, it hit -22! >.<

    We all miss you, and hope we get to see you all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy you could spend that moment with us also :) i love the story of how your band name came about!! too funny :)

    ReplyDelete